It is important that you:
- Keep the bandage on for 4-6 hours or until the next morning if possible
- With clean hands, wash your tattoo gently but thoroughly with warm water and Trisan Skin Cleanser, which can be purchased at Black Line Studio
- After washing the area, pat the tattoo dry with a clean paper towel or let it air dry for 20-30 minutes
- Once the area has dried completely, apply a very thin layer of Webber Vitamin E aftercare, available at Black Line Studio, which serves to heal and moisturize better than other water-based, non-scented moisturizers
- Re-bandage with a fresh piece of plastic wrap and tape down
- Repeat the process 3 times a day for 3 days
- At the end of the third day you may leave the tattoo exposed, cleaning once a day with Trisan and lightly hydrating throughout
- If the tattoo is oozing or if dried blood, ink or dead skin remains, re-wash gently and air dry
- Avoid excessive moisture to the area as this can draw out the color from the tattoo and can also create a sticky surface for foreign matter to attach itself to, encouraging infection
- When showering, wash your tattoo last and do not let direct water-pressure to hit the tattoo
- Avoid swimming pools, hot tubs, saunas, or baths until the tattoo is completely healed
- Do not expose your tattoo to the sun until it has healed
- Once healed, you should apply sunscreen to protect it from the sun
- Keep your tattoo away from dust, sand, and pet hair for the first few days
- Sleep on clean sheets and wear clean clothes.
- Your new Tattoo should be healed in 2 weeks
- Please call Black Line Studio at 850.8227 if you have any questions
You’ve just received a body piercing by a skilled and knowledgeable Black Line Studio professional who cleaned and disinfected the area pierced, and who used sterile instruments, jewelry and a single use needle.
Now it is up to you to take proper care of your piercing during the crucial healing period. How your piercing heals is up to you and your body.
For optimal healing, it is important that:
- You take showers instead of baths and make sure that your piercing is cleaned last to ensure the removal of any residue from soap or other products.
- When cleaning, remove any discharge or crust that collects on and around the jewelry.
- Do not cover your piercing with Band-Aids and/or ointment.
- If you have any problems with your piercing, call Black Line Studio at850.8227.
Swelling will normally occur during the first 3-7 days. During this time, it is important to drink plenty of cold liquids. Sucking on ice cubes can also help to reduce swelling. We recommend that you use H2OCEAN mouth wash which can be purchased at Black Line Studio. It is ideal that the piercing be cleaned after eating, smoking, or drinking anything other than water. Stay away from dairy products and beer for 4 weeks. Avoid kissing and oral sex which can spread bacteria.
Ears, Eyebrow, Septum, Nose, Nipple, Helix, and Navel:
We recommend using Trisan Anti-Bacterial Skin Cleanser, which can be purchased at Black Line Studio, to properly care for these types of piercings. Before cleansing the piercing, be sure to thoroughly wash your hands with soap. For most effective cleansing, apply the cleanser to a cotton swab and softly work it around both sides of the piercing. Afterwards, rinse the piercing thoroughly to ensure all of the Trisan, crust, and discharge has been removed. Apply H2OCEAN Sea Salt & Lysozyme Spray, 2-4 times daily. Spray the newly cleaned area, let sit for 5 minutes then hold a warm compress against the area for 5 minutes.
Be sure to avoid:
- Alcohol, as it will dry out your piercing
- Swimming in chlorinated water
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Oil-based ointments, such as Vaseline, Polysporin, Tea Tree Oil, hand/body moisturizer
- Frequent contact with unwashed hands